I fully expect the Jets to play tough in the secondary – and I fully expect Warner to light them up anyway. Warner – and with him, Boldin and Fitzgerald – will have very gooddays Sunday, much to my chagrin as a Jets fan. There is more than enough love to go around from Warner and I expect Fitz to get both the yards and TDs needed to be the top Fantasy Wideout this week. Fitz has been playing very well and this week he will be at his best.
Brandon Marshall may only be limited by how easy it is to run against the Chiefs. And run they will, but Marshall will get his targets and do what he has been doing every week – dominating. Did you know that he is 4th in the league in targets with 31 to Bush and Calvin Johnson’s 32 and Dwayne Bowe’s 34? Stunning when you realize he is catching many of them and he did it with one less game than they did.
Steve Smith is back to being active now and is facing a middle of the road pass defense in the Falcons. Remember Detroit torched them eventially in week one and they are still learning as they go to be a cohesive unit. Carolina’s line faltered last week both by allowing sacks and pressure and getting flagged often. They should step back up this week and Smith should find the end zone for his first TD against them. Expect better yards than last week as well.
Jake Steven asked me this morning on his 1230 ESPN show what I thought about TO’s non-involvement last weekend and whether I think it will affect him and the Cowboys long term. I think he has matured and like Randy Moss last year, he can smell that Super Bowl. He will play the team player and not make whining noises as long as they play well and win. I think Romo will look back his way this week and TO will get the targets he needs and be very productive against a team that can give the big play up, and being at home only fuels the Dallas offense (and TO) more.
Two Cardinals in the top five? Madness or brilliance? We’ll find out on Sunday but as I have preached for weeks, there are more than enough passes to go around. Boldin has played incredibly well – ever the professional despite his contract woes. He was very quiet last week (3/25/1) but I think Warner will throw a ton in this one and we’ll see both WRs do very well.
Dwayne Bowe (12) is a guy to watch – the most targeted receiver in the NFL, he just needs to hang onto the ball. I think he does this week with Damon Huard in charge and I think people are overlooking him. How banged up is Big Ben Roethlisberger? Banged up enough to downgrade Hines Ward (23) and keep Santonio Holmes (18) struggling. Especially against a tough Ravens D. I have Houshmandzadeh ranked 8th right now and Ocho-Cinco 21st. I know, he CAN break out but he’s a #3WR until he does. On of these guys go off this weekend – my bet is Housh. 85 will play well enough to be a value for you, but he won’t be back to top dog status yet. Chansi Stuckey sneaks in at 33 – a TD each week? Constant targets by Favre? I like him this week in a shootout…..
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals at Jets
- Brandon Marshall, Broncos at Chiefs
- Steve Smith, Panthers vs. Falcons
- Terrell Owens, Cowboys vs. Redskins
- Anquan Boldin, Cardinals at Jets
- Lee Evans, Bills at Rams
- Greg Jennings, Packers at Buccaneers
- T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Bengals vs. Browns
- Chris Chambers, Chargers at Raiders
- Braylon Edwards, Browns at Bengals
- Andre Johnson, Texans at Jaguars
- Dwayne Bowe, Chiefs vs. Broncos
- Santana Moss, Redskins at Cowboys
- Jerricho Cotchery, Jets vs. Cardinals
- Donald Driver, Packers at Buccaneers
- Vincent Jackson, Chargers at Raiders
- Roddy White, Falcons at Panthers
- Santonio Holmes, Steelers vs. Ravens
- Torry Holt, Rams vs. Bills
- Laveranues Coles, Jets vs. Cardinals
- Chad Johnson, Bengals vs. Browns
- Isaac Bruce, 49ers at Saints
- Hines Ward, Steelers vs. Ravens
- DeSean Jackson, Eagles at Bears
- Eddie Royal, Broncos at Chiefs
- Bryant Johnson, 49ers at Saints
- Antonio Bryant, Buccaneers vs. Packers
- Bernard Berrian, Vikings at Titans
- Arnaz Battle, 49ers at Saints
- Patrick Crayton, Cowboys vs. Redskins
- Matt Jones, Jaguars vs. Texans
- Muhsin Muhammad, Panthers vs. Falcons
- Chansi Stuckey, Jets vs. Cardinals
- Robert Meachem, Saints vs. 49ers
- Antwaan Randle El, Redskins at Cowboys