We cover the three big offensive skill positions: quarterback, running back and wide receiver.
Some of the bullet points:
- Matt’s a pretty big fan of Jonathan Crompton and has him ranked 5th.
- Juice Williams is ranked 9th but is very boom or bust.
- Tim Tebow isn’t even in Matt’s Top Ten. We expect lightning to strike Waldman down any second now.
- Matt’s thoughts on some lesser covered QBs who might be worth a look late.
- Like me, Matt loves him some Toby Gerhart. We talk about why.
- We also cover why he has CJ Spiller at 6. The answers will shock and horrify you (actually they probably won’t).
- We talk about why he isn’t as high on Jonathan Dwyer as some.
- We also touch on the prospects of late round possibility Deji Karim from S. Illinois and Anthony Dixon from Mississippi State.
- We talk about how he’s a genius for ranking Damian Williams from USC as his #2 receiver.
- What are Marty Gilyard’s prospects?
- Will Jordan Shipley succeed at the next level?
- We talk another dark horse prospect, this time as a wide receiver.
Matt’s great and I could do two hours chatting with him.
You can buy the Rookie Scouting Portfolio over at footballguys.com as of April 1st.