Howdy from the Windy City (which is more foggy then windy this morning).
I’m in Chicago for some non-football business but the NFL and College football keeps keeping on and so do we.
Which was almost more then I can say for the Jets-Vikes who were delayed 45 minutes due to lighting. We were on time – check out the show here. You can also subscibe via itunes and never miss an episode.
A brief synopsis for the morning before I head off for breakfast and some work.
- I touch on the M*A*S*H unit status of the Packers. It could be worse, but it could be much better. (Fantasy Alert: Andrew Quarless will fill in for Jermichael Finley & Donald Lee. Not a lock cause he can’t block, but could be someone to watch for an emergency fill in)
- Colt McCoy could be the Browns starter. Dear Lord….
- Ohio State is far and away the #1 in the AP poll. But in the ‘mock BCS poll’ Boise would be. We’ll know Sunday but come on….
- Pitt losing to the Irish wasn’t awful but it continues to hurt the Big East on the big stage, but West Virginia snuck back into the Top 25. Also, Tino Sunseri is just not ready for prime time. Of course, neither are the Panthers as a team this year.
- Alex Smith remains starter in San Fran. But how long? And have the SF fans clamoring for David Carr seen him? If he comes in, assume Troy Smith isn’t far behind.
All that and more NFL news and notes as well as a ton of discussion on the Monday Night game, when it finally got started. Wasn’t pretty, that’s for sure.
Thanks for listening and reading.