Well as long as he’s hot you’ve got to ride Brian Westbrook, especially against a defense like Cleveland’s. Over the past three weeks, they’ve allowed over 400 yards – although to be fair, half that was to Tennessee last week. Still, this is a reeling defense and a red hot Westbrook and a firing on all cylinders McNabb should put up some very good points – through the air as well as on the ground.
Aside from the back-and-forth between Clinton Portis and Redskins coach Jon Zorn, Portis is a week healthier and has a fantastic matchup in Cinci. I think Zorn wil luse his best weapon both to grind the game away as well as make Portis happy. And Portis should have no problem against this run defense, or lack thereof.
Will LaDainianTomlinson ever get totally back on track? Not until next season when the Oline gets fixed perhaps, but the Chiefs are still a great place to get healthy – even if they have played better of late. They still give up 161 yards per game on average and have allowed 21 TDs so far. Now, LT didn’t fare too well last time out (totalled over 100 yards but not by much and no TD) but he’s a lot healthier and should top 100 yards with a TD.
You can’t get DeAngelo Williams out of your lineup nor should you try. And don’t worry about Jonathan Stewart – Williams will still get plenty of carries and there will be plenty of success to be had against the 36th rush defense in the league. The only hitch in the plan could be if the Broncs leap out to an early lead. But more than likely, the Panthers will grind out the clock in an attempt to keep the dynamic pass offense of Jay Cutler and friends off the field. Williams will be the work horse and we’ve seen way too much production from him lately to have him on your bench.
Adrian Peterson didn’t light the Lions up the way we’d hoped he would and while the matchup doesn’t get easier, he should still find plenty of success. With Tarvaris Jackson the likely QB, the Vikings will have to rely on him heavily and even against tough defenses, Peterson starts and gets yards.
- Brian Westbrook, Eagles vs. Browns
- Clinton Portis, Redskins at Bengals
- LaDainian Tomlinson, Chargers at Chiefs
- DeAngelo Williams, Panthers vs. Broncos
- Adrian Peterson, Vikings at Cardinals
- Michael Turner, Falcons vs. Buccaneers
- Dominic Rhodes, Colts vs. Lions
- Chris Johnson, Titans at Texans
- Maurice Jones-Drew, Jaguars vs. Packers
- Thomas Jones, Jets vs. Bills
- Steven Jackson, Rams vs. Seahawks
- Ryan Grant, Packers at Jaguars
- Steve Slaton, Texans vs. Titans
- Marshawn Lynch, Bills at Jets
- Jonathan Stewart, Panthers vs. Broncos
- Derrick Ward, Giants at Cowboys
- Ronnie Brown, Dolphins vs. 49ers
- Kevin Smith, Lions at Colts
- Maurice Morris, Seahawks at Rams
- Marion Barber, Cowboys vs. Giants
- Warrick Dunn, Buccaneers at Falcons
- LenDale White, Titans at Texans
- Larry Johnson, Chiefs vs. Chargers
- Sammy Morris, Patriots at Raiders
- Ricky Williams, Dolphins vs. 49ers
- Jamal Lewis, Browns at Eagles
- Willie Parker, Steelers at Ravens
- Le’Ron McClain, Ravens vs. Steelers
- Tashard Choice, Cowboys vs. Giants
- Cedric Benson, Bengals vs. Redskins
- DeShaun Foster, 49ers at Dolphins
- Tatum Bell, Broncos at Panthers
- Cadillac Williams, Buccaneers at Falcons
- Kevin Faulk, Patriots at Raiders